What is www.jpay.com
JPay is a website that is geared towards enhancing communication between loved ones and convicts serving a sentence in various correctional facilities or agencies.
This website mainly offers emailing services for people to easily communicate with individuals who have been imprisoned although they offer some extra services and products too.
With such services, JPay makes it easy for individuals from both sides to stay connected regularly, effortlessly and fast.
Sending letters to prisoners through the post office is less convenient compared to electronic mailing which is what jpay.com is bringing to the table.
Although JPay Is privately owned, correctional facilities owned by the government can enroll in this platform so that inmates can use JPay services.
To better understand what JPay is all about, we will take look at their services.
How to login to JPay?
Logging into JPay is quite easy. Here are the steps:
- First off, head over to the official JPay website and tap on the “Login” button at the top right of the page.
- Next, type in your email address and password right at the login section then hit the “Login” button.
- You will now have access to JPay services.
What are the services/ products offered by JPay?
This website offers a variety of services that make the life of inmates and their loved ones a bit bearable. Including:
- JPay’s emailing service is possibly the easiest way to stay in touch with people who have been locked up in correctional facilities.
- Not only can you exchange email messages but also add attachments to the message such as pictures.
- On top of that, communicating parties are allowed to record a 30-second videogram and send it along with the email.
- In order to use JPay’s emailing service, you will need a “Stamp” which can be bought on their website or JPay kiosks for the case of inmates.
- This platform has partnered with money gram to make it possible for people to send money to their convicted friends or family fast and securely.
- Sending money to an inmate is just a matter of visiting any money gram branch or agent in any location (where JPay is allowed).
- Also, you can send money through a money order which will then be processed electronically for faster delivery.
- Alternatively, sending money to an inmate can be done in the comfort of your home with just a computer or mobile phone.
- For this to happen, you will need to know the ID of the inmate, and their proper first and last name. JPay provides a tool that enables you to easily find an inmate’s BOP ID in case you do not know it.
- One of the ways JPay is using to ensure convicts are at ease is with the JPay tablet.
- This device allows inmates to enjoy a substantial number of features that you would find in a conventional mobile device.
- With the JPay tablet, users can listen to audio files such as music and audiobooks, view videos and images, play games, send and respond to emails, etc.
- It is always a good idea to keep an inmate engaged with some literature material and JPay has that covered.
- In an effort to augment rehabilitation of convicts and prevent re-offense, JPay has included a number of educational programs along with their service.
- From KA lite to JPay Lantern, eBooks, and educational games. Most of these programs are accessed using the JPay tablet.
- With JPay Lantern, inmates can obtain real college credits and other awards which can be helpful once they are discharged from prison.
- Another one of JPay’s services that offer convenience is Video visitation. This service allows inmates to have a face to face conversation with their loved ones for up to 30minutes.
- This service is especially handy when it comes to inmates who have been incarcerated far away from their loved ones.
- All you have to do to start a video conversation is having the right gear then submitting a scheduled video visitation. The request will then be approved as per the schedule.
I hope this quick article was of help. In case of any questions or suggestions, let’s hear it in the comment section.